Senior Software Engineer - Web Full Stack
Boston, Santa Barbara
At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers. From installation to listening to sharing, the customer experience is everything. Keeping the music playing is what the Customer Care team is all about, and the engineering branch of the customer care team enables us to keep it playing loud.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos customer care experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to use our products, to help them when there is a problem, and remain connected to the community they love.
Apply your creativity and prodigious engineering skills to help design and build the tools that help keep our Sonos products working in our customer’s households. You’ll make them beautiful on the desktop, on mobile phones, on tablets, on everything. You'll work across team and discipline boundaries. You’ll be free to do what you do best.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• You know responsive and adaptive design, and you can turn that knowledge into fluid experiences.
• You write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
• You have extremely strong technical aptitude, and keep up-to-date on the current state of technology.
• You are articulate and concise in written and verbal technical communication.
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• MEAN full stack experience.
• You know how source control works and you can’t live without it, you are test-first, and you know that going fast means getting things right at the start.
• Proven ability to get projects out the door with high quality, on tight timelines.
• Web or product design experience.
• A background or understanding of physical networking or hardware design and service would add significant value.
• Process or manufacturing engineering experience in a customer electronics environment.
Are you ready to rock this job? If yes, send us your application and wow us! If not, but you feel inspired and believe in our story and you strongly feel you can contribute and be a game-changer, stay in touch through our Talent Network, Twitter or follow us on LinkedIn.
You can expect a response from us within 2 weeks of your application. If you fit the requirements for this role you'll be invited for a phone call with the hiring manager. Going through the process you'll meet many of our band member for you to get a good impression of who we really are.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.