Senior Software Engineer - Connected Devices
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Use your C/C++ skills to provide new server functionality that expands music services and home automation capability.
- Use your C/C++ skills to enhance our first and third party developer experience.
- Use your C/C++ skills to develop client code that interacts with first and third party cloud services.
- Collaborate with cloud partners to develop solutions in our embedded software platform.
- Work side by side with partners on tough but interesting integration challenges.
- Degree in Computer Science, related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
- C++ developer with object-oriented design skills.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threaded development and optimizations.
- Understanding of API design and experience developing an API platform and/or SDK.
- Experience with client and server application networking code, preferably on Linux.
- Experience with TCP, UDP and other networking protocols.
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure, RESTful interfaces, and general web technologies (HTTP, TLS, mDNS, etc.).
- Ability to effectively engage in written and verbal technical communication with our partners.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Embedded/IoT application development a plus.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.