Senior Software Development Engineer
As Software Engineer on the Setup Core Team, you will be responsible for the software that leads our customers through the complete out-of-box experience; from opening the packaging to awesome music all over their home.
You will work across all our mobile products. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the business across multiple disciplines of software, hardware, acoustics and Wi-Fi technologies. You will have fun and innovate every day in our fast-paced and creative environment.
If you love music, solving challenging software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
· Work on our controller applications (iOS and Android) to provide clear, engaging, and reliable setup.
· Collaborate with software engineering and user experience teams to design and deliver unique, innovative new features that delight our customers.
· 10+ years of experience in software development.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline.
· Experience developing software in C++
· Objective-C and Java experience desired.
· Experience using formal development processes and tools.
· Experience shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
· Experience communicating, both written and verbally, in a collaborative, fast-paced, results oriented environment.
· Experience working with TCP/IP networking is a plus.
· Experience developing with GCC/GNU toolchain and Linux development tools is a plus.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.