Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will represent the Quality Engineering Test & Automation discipline in product development team.
You will work closely with Dev and QA in the design, testing and implementation of APIs in an Agile framework methodology, working with embedded systems and mobile devices.
You will strive for service engineering excellence, contributing to the architecture of highly available, dependable and maintainable services, and controllers that bring the ultimate listening experience to millions of Sonos users worldwide.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Document and mentor other members of the team to expand their technical competencies and to adapt the best software engineering practices
- Perform gap analysis, investigate, log and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization. Deliver clear status reports
- Drive planning and execution of system and component, service, API integration level testing, across all platforms(Mac, Windows, Linux) and devices(Android, iOS) to test various features and edge test cases
- Engineer new automated frameworks, test strategies and maintain existing: Java, Pytest, EarlGrey and Espresso
- Collaborate with other members of the software scrum team and contribute to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented within each Sprint
- Thrive in a fast paced, agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with any debugging mechanisms for white box testing.
- Experience with UI Test frameworks such as Appium, EarlGrey or Espresso
- Experience working with Perforce / GitHub repository, Jira - SDLC, CI/CD Jenkins and AWS Cloud
- At least 5 years of test development of test automation for desktop & mobile apps, RESTful APIs and database search
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related experience.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.