Senior Software Developer in Test (Mobile)
Location: Boston, Seattle
At Sonos we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers.
You will work closely with Dev and QA in the design, testing and implementation of application automation in an Agile environment. You will be responsible for automating our Sonos app, which is implemented on iOS, Android, Mac OS, and Windows platforms, as well as a shared c++ library used by all of our apps.
You will strive for engineering excellence, contributing to the architecture and maintenance of the frameworks and other pieces of automation for Sonos applications that bring the ultimate listening experience to millions of Sonos users worldwide.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Collaborate with other members of the software scrum team and contribute to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented within each Sprint.
- Engineer new automated tests and maintain existing frameworks.
- Extend the automation framework where necessary or design/develop new framework.
- Drive planning and execution of Application Automation
- Constantly perform gap analyses of existing test automation. When writing, new tests ensure that all tests provide good coverage while being as lean as possible.
- Investigate, log and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- Mentor members of team to expand their knowledge to grow their development & technical competencies and drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Create/Update/Maintain our documentation on App Automation
- At least 4 years of test development of test automation for desktop apps and mobile devices.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills focused around mobile software in general.
- Demonstrate expertise with:
- C++ and Java or Swift
- XCUITest for iOS and Espresso for Android
- Jenkins or other CI/CD build process
- Experience with any debugging mechanisms for white box testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast paced, agile environment.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.