Senior Software Developer in Test - Networking
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Collaborate with other members of the Networking team to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented at the end of each sprint
- Review requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation
- Create and execute API and feature-level test plans
- Document all tests and procedures
- Define and develop test automation to improve testing efficiency and coverage
- Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization
- Use instrumentation and telemetry to do data and issue analysis as well as bug triage
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience
- At least 4 years of software testing with solid understanding of software testing principles, tools, techniques and execution with an emphasis on automation and framework design.
- Strong coding fundamentals with solid experience developing and maintaining automation test suites/programs in Python, Java or C/C++
- Demonstrated proficiency with Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging networking systems is a strong plus
- Experience testing and debugging wireless system including WiFi or cellular is a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.