Department: Human Resources and Talent
Since 2002 we’ve changed the way people listen. We’ve designed the ultimate home music experience. Now we strive to empower listeners, everywhere.
This would not have been possible without our amazing team. Our people are the drivers and passion behind our pioneering technology that create and support this fast-growing market space.
For this role, we are looking for a strategic, creative, and action-oriented Talent Acquisition professional. We are Talent Advisors to our hiring managers. We partner with them to efficiently grow our organizations, finding the best and the brightest team members to build high-performing teams.
Sonos has large growth ambitions and in this role, you will have tangible impact on our future success. If you love music, and want to work with fun, smart, and focused people, then we’d like to talk to you.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You will partner with hiring managers to translate business strategies into relevant talent strategies that address near term needs and yield long term benefits. Through a process rooted in consistency and informed by data, you will help hiring teams identify the “best” candidate for each role while creating a more diverse and inclusive Sonos.
- You will respect our candidates by personalizing the experience, nurturing a relationship to better understand the person (not just the resume), and providing a transparent view the larger team and culture at Sonos, not just the specific role and hiring manager.
- You will share your passion for the industry. That means cultivating and sharing knowledge about music and technology, current events, trends, target companies, and innovation within relevant domains.
- You will partner with hiring managers across different geographies and time zones and will manage a portfolio of searches that vary by department and level.
- BS/BA degree
- Must have corporate/in-house recruiting experience, specifically with either commercial or marketing roles,
- Experience using your power of influence to drive action and achieve results.
- Creativity in problem-solving and resourcefulness across all stages of the hiring cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, and have strong organizational & prioritization skills.
- Experience in compensation and general HR requirements as related to hiring.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and distributed team-based environment. For example, you will work closely with People Partners to strategically impact the business but will need to nurture these relationships using tools like Slack and/or Zoom if face-to-face interaction isn’t an option.
- Equally comfortable partnering with executives as front line managers; ability to style flex in order to suit audience and facilitate the best business outcome.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.