Senior Radio Systems Engineer
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Design, simulate, and analyze dual-band 2.4/5GHz Radio Systems using circuit/system simulators as well as Matlab.
- Design PCB’s for the full radio system and to support characterization activities.
- Perform system bring up, debugging, optimization, and performance verification.
- Characterize full system (receiver and transmitter) performance as well as peripheral devices such as: RFIC transceivers, LNA’s, PA’s etc. Characterization includes measuring essential parametrics such as sensitivity, power, EVM, linearity, etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative radio solutions which meet a challenging Product Function Spec.
- Oversee the transition from initial development to high volume manufacturing.
- Support wireless related production problems and be able to contribute in a constructive way.
- Provide support to our compliance team for regulatory certifications (FCC/IC/ETSI etc.).
- Support SW, Digital EE, and platform teams.
- Deliver high-level technical presentations to a broad cross-functional audience.
MSEE and 5+ years design experience or PhD and 3+ years design experience (digital) radio engineering. which includes RF/HW board and system level design. As well as experience in the commercial wireless field of RF, RFIC, RF systems, or (digital) radio communication applications.
Background in analyzing RF systems and understanding the trade offs within an RF system design..
Knowledge of RFIC circuits such as PAs, LNAs, Mixers, PLLs, etc.
Experience with board level RF troubleshooting including antenna and RF matching networks.
Working knowledge of RF test and verification equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, frequency/function generators.
Willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
Display courage to innovate and also to not be afraid to admit or make mistakes.
Knowledge of radio standards (such as 802.11a/b/g/n, BT/BLE, or 3GPP).
Knowledge in wireless digital BB algorithms.
Familiarity with regulatory standards (FCC/IC/ETSI etc).
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.