Senior Project Manager - Experience Planning
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Lead End to End, Edge to Edge new product explorations including planning, execution and management
- Actively manage exploration programs in a consistent way so that we can become more efficient and effective over time including program timelines, dependencies, co-management of research/design agencies, and planning/management of budgets and organizational resources
- Manage exploration planning cycles which includes stakeholder coordination, stakeholders, scenario planning, dependency mapping, and key communications
- Structure and manage connections between Experience Planning and product group stakeholders (e.g. Advanced Technology & Product Management) in order to manage progression of new opportunities beyond exploration into development and to create a path for emerging technologies to drive new experience explorations
- Structure and manage connections between XP & GTM to define and evolve intake and assessment mechanisms for new GTM activities (resources, timing, cost) and facilitate continuous cross-engagement to connect GTM initiatives to product requirements, and new product initiatives to commercial opportunities
- Close gaps and minimize overlaps between functions and work streams within XP and across adjacent groups within the company
- Create and implement plans and procedures that scale
- Forecast spend and manage the budget
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and success; evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Plan, manage, and evolve company-wide Hackweek events in order to drive increased innovation and employee engagement
- 7+ years of overall industry experience in complex consumer product development
- 5+ years experience in program management or similar roles planning and managing product development, exploration, innovation, and/or design programs
- Creative and/or Technical background, with BA/BS in Design or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Experience managing large cross-functional programs with multiple internal and external dependencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you are an expert storyteller and presenter able to engage leaders and individual contributors alike
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, execute creatively, and act decisively
- Experience working with, or managing external design, engineering, and research agencies
- Experience working in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Business expertise with MBA or equivalent practical real-world experience is a plus
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.