Senior Product Marketing Manager, China
Location: Beijing, Shanghai
Location: Beijing, Shanghai
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Develop deep understanding of the local market and industry trend. Track general business indicators including category market size, market share and top selling products.
• Collaborate with global product marketing to lead process to define China product stories across hardware and software, position the Sonos product family in the market, and drive the go-to-market activities.
• Lead product education in China and develop the story behind Sonos products, contribute to the tech essence of product reviews, and support the Sonos tech leadership activities.
• Work with marketing and sales teams to lead development of integrated marketing campaign plans.
• Identify China local requirements for products and drive the requirements to be prioritized in development cycle and ensure the quality of the deliverables
• Work with global Consumer & Competitive Insights team to drive the regular brand survey and other market research initiatives.
• Work with operation and manufacturing teams seamlessly.
• You will need a breadth of individual capacities ranging from cultural awareness of music entertainment to business analytics to hardware/software technical knowledge. In any given day you may spend time editing a post on our latest products; mapping the GTM plan with marketing and sales stakeholders; or, listening to a next-gen speaker array with one of our engineers. You should be comfortable interacting and making meaningful contributions in all three areas.
• Must be curious and open to learning.
• Frequent global travel needed. Based in Beijing or Shanghai.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual or near native English / Mandarin Chinese is a must.
• A blend of cultural awareness, analytic capability and tech savvy.
• At least 8+ years’ experience in the world of consumer electronics in the role of Product Marketing, Product Management or Product Development.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.