Senior Product Manager, Software Interaction Experience
Department: Product Management
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Set the short and long-term vision for app features, including being responsible for a backlog and specifying requirements and outcomes that align with the Sonos mission of empowering lives through great sound.
- Create and ensure the delivery of the roadmap for a feature area, running stand-ups, prioritization, costing and triage discussions; partner with Design, Brand and Marketing teams to build experiences for our global Sonos users.
- Gain customer and experience insight from our existing data, help ground the team in this data and develop experience hypotheses and experiments based on engagement and growth goals.
- Work across Sonos hardware and software teams and with music service partners, music labels, and artists to deepen the relationship Sonos listeners have with music and artists.
- You are passionate about how customer behaviors will evolve in the smart home, and can drive the vision for how Sonos naturally integrates into the home ecosystem.
- Inspire product and UX teams at Sonos to reach deeper in building experiences that provide soulful and visceral experiences with sound.
- Engage and communicate with both explicit and implicit data, grounding the team in the customer and the experience.
- Work effectively across team, discipline and geographic boundaries to help ensure a culture of transparency, inclusion, diversity of opinion and perspective and product experiences that reflect those strengths.
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role on a consumer, mobile product.
- Strong collaborator who enjoys inspiring, and helping build teams across product management, development, and user experience.
- Passion and curiosity about user experience models.
- Understand how to evolve a software roadmap and ability to influence others effectively.
- Ability to engage ecosystem partners in joint development opportunities and plans;
- Technical mindset and enjoy working with engineering teams on creative, elegant technical solutions across client, service and hardware.
- Effective leadership with distributed teams.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.