Senior Product Manager, Cloud Services
Department: Product Management
Location: Boston, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Define and communicate a product vision and strategy to all layers of the organization and gain alignment across teams in product development and across other functions at Sonos.
- With the team, develop and track ambitious objectives and measurable results that help your team (and wider organization) understand how their work accrues to Company and Product KPIs.
- Build and maintain a roadmap that helps the team to progress - iteratively - towards the vision and objectives. You’ll make hard trade-offs using a blend of qualitative and quantitative inputs and help unblock the team from cross-team dependencies, leveraging your relationships with other teams.
- As a technical product manager, you will be able to engage with engineers helping to guide and contribute to architectural decision making. You will identify opportunities to accelerate the roadmap by helping the team evaluate third party solutions and infrastructure while helping to focus the team on innovating in green field areas.
- Sonos differentiates itself based on the customer experience, and as Product Manager, you’ll collaborate with UX counterparts to ensure the platform provides experiences that hold true to our product principles of simplicity, systemness and premium design.
- You will partner closely with quality and operational teams to ensure that services and features ship at high quality and are able to bear the load of millions of customers and billions of transactions every day.
- Above all else, you’ll help the other leaders in your team foster a culture of experimentation and learning, which celebrates wins and failures equally and helps progress us to a more iterative model of product development.
- 5+ years experience in technical product management
- 4+ years experience working with developer platforms & ecosystems
- 3+ experience with developing highly scalable services and APIs
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or experience in technical roles
- Comfortable making hard decisions using a blend of quantitative and qualitative inputs
- Able to define vision and strategy, in addition to solid results-driven execution
- Able to influence at all levels of the organization with strong communication skills
- Able to execute multiple, complex projects in parallel
- Able to analyze large, complex data sets and deduce insights to inform decision making
- Strong technical background with an ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Able to work closely with strategic partners through technical integrations
- Collaborative spirit and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.