Sr. UX Product Designer | IoT, Hardware and Mobile Apps
Design and Creative
At Sonos, we want to inspire the world to listen better. We’re looking for talented product designers to to build new experiences that make the most of what our system, our hardware and our partners have to offer; from premium app experiences to easy interactions when setting up and using new Sonos speakers, we need to grow the team that’s creating the experience that brings it all together. You’ll use a full range of skills from product design, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design. You’ll work with a diverse team of talented designers and researchers, product managers, and technical partners.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
• Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and developers to define and build new experiences in our app, and improve existing ones.
• Effectively engage upstream within new hardware and software programs, ensuring that we identify and optimize critical experiences.
• Connect effectively across teams in the the delivery of complete experience considerations that transcend our internal organizational structure.
• Represent the user in everything we build. Participate in primary and secondary research to understand the context of your work, and use this context as the foundation for our design work.
• Ideate, create, and refine workflows and patterns in the app experience to make our products delightful to use.
• Create high-fidelity design specifications using Abstract and Sketch and publish and communicate effectively to partners via Zeplin, Confluence and JIRA.
• Understand, leverage, and extend our visual design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience.
• Create prototypes to support user research and inform the development of Sonos products and experiences.
• Create compelling presentations and documentation that clearly and concisely communicate design work and your rationale behind proposals.
• You’ve shipped product. You have experience delivering apps and software from brief to shipping within a team environment.
• You’re experienced designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have experience designing experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
• You’ve worked with design systems before to create consistently high quality experiences.
• You’re effective throughout the entire product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI and visual design.
• You’re dedicated to craft, and have created high fidelity design using Sketch, Figma, etc.
• You’ve created detailed interactive prototypes using Invision, Flinto, Principle, Framer, etc.
• You’re an excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals. You can communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders. You’ve got experience using Jira and Confluence.
• You’re focused on the listener. You’re curious. You enjoy supporting stakeholder interviews and user research, and integrating findings into final designs.
• You own the success or failure of design work and have found solutions to improve shipped work.
• You’ve worked on experiences or systems that combine hardware and software.
• You are a capable motion designer
• You have hardware experience, either from education or work related to industrial design and physical product development.
• You understand and have worked in both an agency and internal (“In House Design Team”) organization, focused on shipping products.
Apply now, include attachments or links to your portfolio.
If there is a strong match, we'll reach out!
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.