Senior Manager, Social Media and Content
Location: Beijing, Shanghai
Location: Beijing, Shanghai
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
You will oversee the editorial/content and social media arms of Sonos in China market. By identifying and working with the best possible class of agency partner as well as creative individuals in China, you will drive and manage the local content creation and distribution on Chinese social platforms. Following the global social and content engine and adapting it specifically for China market, you will set the brief, write the social strategy and help to concept creative ideas for our seasonal brand messages, delivering them in the spaces our audience occupy.
• Be the day to day social/content owner within the marketing team working with our product marketing and brand communication functions to formulate strategies for our brand stories.
• Identify the social media agency and creative individuals to ensure the best in class work, and work with them to produce innovative creative solutions to make our consumers aware of our seasonal stories.
• Create China social media strategy and drive it through to execution level, following the China brand strategy.
• Work with your global counterparts to help them understand China insights and needs, meanwhile support and contribute to global projects and programs where necessary.
• Instil an always-on mentality across the team and drive an ongoing conversation with our audience throughout the year on social media.
• Keep up to date with the latest developments within ‘digital’ to identify opportunities and partners we would want to make things with.
• Work with social agencies on a day to day basis being the lead point of contact, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget against a clearly defined brief given by yourself with pre agreed KPIs.
• Track and monitor all projects to formulate insights and recommendations for future projects.
• Understand the global and China company objectives to ensure your recommendations are in line with set goals and highlight how you help achieve these goals within your work.
• Manage the annual budget planning and tracking for social media and content function and set up quarterly meetings with all marketing functions to ensure we stay on track.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.