Senior Manager, Program Sourcing
Department: Product Operations
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Manage a team of Program Sourcing Managers to effectively manage new programs to ensure Quality, Cost and Schedules are met.
- Research and evaluate Suppliers and Designs and sub-systems within product development, Sourcing, ID and long term product roadmap requirements,
- Partner with Sonos’ Product Design and Engineering teams to review design specs and recommend sources that can meet Sonos’ volume, quality, and cost requirements. Drive technical decisions that are aligned to strategic sourcing goals,
- Support supplier meetings to review technical roadmaps and help formulate a strategy to convey product and market information back to the Sourcing and Development organizations,
- Analyze technologies, parts and sub-systems to create “should cost” models that enable COGM (Cost of Goods Manufactured) calculations during the development cycle,
- Review production product designs and execute value engineering activities to achieve product cost reductions, reduce BOM risk and enable long-term manufacturability by proactively identifying and recommending additional sources as needed,
- Provide support to all functions of the Sourcing, Quality, Engineering organization to enable a successful NPI process.
- Support Product Milestone Sourcing activities and play a key role on summarizing the info to the Program team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (preferably in EE Engineering) from an accredited university;
- A minimum of 15 years of combined working experience in Engineering Design and Sourcing domain, preferably working within a high-volume Consumer Electronics industry;
- The demonstrated capability to apply analytical techniques to problem-solving;
- A strategic thinker and results-oriented;
- Thought leadership competencies; influences others, and is a subject matter expert;
- An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision making;
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment;
- Excellent decisiveness - the ability to make sound business decisions in the absence of perfect or complete data;
- Be willing and able to travel within the US as well as internationally up to 25% of the time
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.