Senior Manager Global Service Desk
Platforms and Infrastructure
At Sonos we are passionate about bringing music into every home. To deliver this mission, we must provide the service and support necessary for our bandmates to perform their jobs effortlessly, with a consistent and high quality experience at every office around the world. Everything we do – from the products we design to the way we run out business expresses this passion.
Come lead our global service desk in this new and transformational role at Sonos, providing a relentless pursuit of a world class support organization for an innovative, fast moving and fast growing company. With offices in the US, EMEA and APAC we strive to create a highly motivated customer first experience for our bandmates.
You’ll manage a team of support engineers that love what they do and deliver a best in class experience for our bandmates. This is a new position at Sonos that will transform a geographically disperse Help Desk into a cohesive Global Service Desk that delivers a modern support experience.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Hire, mentor and retain top support talent
• Deploy and extend a flexible, productive and secure desktop user experience
• Drive the continuing education for Service Desk best practices throughout your organization
• Develop and extend an operations mindset to support the systems our bandmates require to perform their jobs
• Lead Incident Response and triage for business-critical systems
• Use data from many sources to unearth trends in support and identify opportunities for your team
• Setting goals and performance initiatives that are aligned with the business needs and leading your team to deliver them successfully
• Work with your business partners and customers across the organization to develop a consistent support organization
• Support our retail stores and partner stores across the globe
• Develop and deploy an effortless and intuitive self-support model for our bandmates
• Develop an end-user training program to empower our bandmates
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive experience operating a distributed service desk solution
• Demonstrative experience using metrics to implement a service improvement cycle
• Experience leading a change management process
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.