Senior Manager Core FP&A
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Own the development and consolidation of the P&L, Balance Sheet, Capital and Cash Flow for the quarterly forecast and annual planning cycles and will validate and ensure the integrity of numbers being presented
- Own, drive, and evolve the financial forecasting calendar across the business, keeping key business partners aware of deliverables
- Lead and develop two financial analysts to deliver high performance and impact to the organization; support prioritization, set objectives and provide mentorship and feedback
- Continue to develop, automate and review forecast and actuals reporting packages, as well as consolidate the performance story for the relevant reporting/forecast period
- Leverage forecast and reporting packages to prepare monthly ELT decks and quarterly BOD decks
- Support CFO, VP of IR, and FP&A and Accounting leadership throughout the earnings cycle
- Partner with Revenue/GM Analyst and FP&A business partners to develop external messaging around revenue and gross margin performance
- Prepare guidance model, leveraging identified Revenue & COGS Risks & Opportunities
- Review SEC filings and other external workpapers for accuracy, content, and language
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders to leverage data, systems and tools to continuously improve the speed and accuracy of our forecast process; drive forecast and reporting synergies and eliminate duplication of work across the organization
- Work with the finance data team to support the continued development and implementation of Anaplan, our forecasting tool, as well as the eventual transition to SAP and other finance systems and tools
- Support long-range planning and modeling of new business initiatives and new product introductions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or similar field
- 8+ years of progressive FP&A experience in Core/Corporate and/or Business Unit FP&A
- Have a right first time mentality with a high level of attention to detail, organization and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to work cross functionally and with all levels of the organization
- Track record of motivating and managing a hardworking group of results-oriented professionals and taking interest in the career development paths of your direct reports
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with Excel modeling and analysis
- Exposure to financial forecasting and data visualization tools
- Experience working in a public company setting with exposure to working across multiple time zones
- Knowledge of, or experience with, revenue recognition and accounting principles (ASC 606) for a consumer products or other retail company; exposure to SAAS revenue and/or membership based/recurring revenue business models
- Strong understanding of gross margin variance drivers (volume, mix, rate, etc.) and experience bridging these variances
- Experience with detailed balance sheet, cash flow and CCC forecasting, analysis and model development
- Familiarity with G-Suite products
- Intermediate understanding of Anaplan (forecasting software), SAP, Tableau and/or Microstrategy
- Be curious with the desire to focus on continuous improvement
- High integrity, self-aware, humble, low ego, reliable
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.