Senior Frontend Web Developer, Voice Experience
Location: Paris (18 Rue Saint-Marc)
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Implement and maintain highly interactive web applications.
- Write clean, reusable, high quality code following industry best practice.
- Pay close attention to UX and visual details in product delivery.
- Collaborate closely with other Software Engineers and Design.
- Perform code reviews and write tests to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Play a central role in improving the frontend architecture, code base and tooling.
- Take part of technical design discussions to identify and document pros & cons of different approaches.
- Take ownership and risks, be enthusiastic in the face of technical challenges.
- Ask questions, think on your feet, and absorb lots of information.
- 4+ years of experience with frontend web development
- Experience using modern web frontend tech, such as async/await, CSS grid and CSS variables
- Experience using git and github
- Experience using React, with hooks
- Good communication skills
- Experience with css preprocessors (sass)
- Experience working with frontend build pipelines, using tools like Webpack and Babel
- Exposure to GraphQL
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.