Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Protoype and optimize real-time algorithms in software to prove out unique and unconventional design concepts.
• Contribute to the development of evolving architectures for high performance hardware diagnostic critical for high volume manufacturing.
• Work directly with the hardware engineers to define new processing platforms and bring them to life.
• Develop reusable and portable drivers for audio and communications peripherals.
• Porting the diagnostics and testing infrastructure code base to new highly integrated SOC devices.
• Debug and isolate complex low level problems where the lines between software and hardware may not always be clear.
• Integrate the hardware under test with Labview based test stations.
• Support production line bring-up and optimizations of the testing strategies use on the manufacturing floor.
• Passionately doing all of the above!
• Fluent in C programming language.
• Understanding of CPU architectures (ARM, MIPS)
• Experience at register level software for device configuration and initialization.
• Understanding of complex CPU board diagnostics (RAM, ROM, power supplies, communication interfaces)
• Understanding of Linux device drivers for high-speed peripherals.
• Experience in building and using open source toolchain components such as gcc, GNU binutils, and gdb.
• Experience with source code control and defect tracking systems.
• Experience in using various hardware and software debugging techniques including JTAG debuggers and emulators.
• Experience, from the CPU, board and device level, with modern subsystems and peripherals including but not limited to DDR SDRAM, NAND Flash, PCI Express, 10Mbps/100Mbps/Gigabit Ethernet, I2C and I2S.
• Understanding of system performance profiling and optimization.
• Ability to comprehend schematics and enjoy spending time in a hardware development lab
• Some experience with Labview would be helpful, but not required.
• Experience with testing high volume consumer electronics in a manufacturing environment.
• Willingness to travel to the US 1 or 2 times per year.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.