Senior Financial Analyst, Operations FP&A (Santa Barbara or Boston)
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Be the lead finance business partner for the Operations organization and functional managers making the voice of Finance heard
- Provide guidance and support to Operations strategy and objectives and ensure financial implications have the right level of consideration in decision making
- Create an ROI culture in Operations with appropriate cash flow and income statement analysis for project
- Oversee OPEX & CAPEX variance analysis and storytelling for all Operations teams
- Create month-end reporting cadence that gives insight to not only OPEX & CAPEX variance across the teams you support, but also articulate the impact to the current quarters’ forecast
- Drive the planning and forecasting process with business partners; coordinate the calendar, tools (Anaplan), and templates (Excel), and create forecast to forecast reporting with explanations
- Partner with the Accounting team to ensure key expense item accruals for month-end support
- Partner with Core FP&A to create tools that allow for more accurate reporting and better insight Assist in new system implementationsFocus on process improvement opportunities across all Operations functions, FP&A, accounting, and other partners to improve efficiency, reporting and performance
- Ad hoc projects supporting key business partners within Finance and Operations teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the financial analysis and reporting function with demonstrated experience as a business partner
- Financial experience should include full P&L familiarity and budget management
- Prior involvement supporting customer service organizations and knowledge of customer experience analytics and benchmarking strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel analysis skills coupled with great visuals that tell the business story
- Excellent communication skills as many of our business partners are located across the globe, attention to detail, anticipatory thinking and technical prowess
- Intense attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of personal accountability
- Self-starter - demonstrating high energy/creativity, relentless customer-focus, and entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for collaborating with others to deliver the best possible outcome while balancing key constraints
- Experience in data mining across multiple large data sets with solid understanding of relational database structure
- High integrity, self-aware, humble
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.