Senior Financial Analyst, Core FP&A
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Become the subject matter expert for all revenue, cost of goods, gross margin, and unit data and drivers
- Own the consolidation of the revenue and COGS global forecast and regular actuals vs. forecast reporting and analysis for revenue and gross margin
- Prepare and present the analysis and proposal for external messaging around revenue and gross margin performance each quarter for review with CFO, VP of IR, and FP&A and accounting leadership
- Own and develop meaningful exhibits and analysis used in ELT and BOD packages, including bottoms up guidance modeling, scenario planning, etc.
- Review our SEC filings and other external workpapers for accuracy, content, and language
- Identify and lead revenue and COGS forecasting and accounting improvement projects, including the automation of offline forecasts, development of forecasting new activities, Anaplan model integration between finance and operations, and better alignment between forecast and actuals activity
- Work cross-functionally with our revenue and cogs accounting, operations, and data teams across multiple offices and time zones to understand changes to current data and expected treatment for new business initiatives from a data and reporting perspective and also an accounting perspective
- Ad hoc work could include support for legal and audit requests, and support for the product organization in developing early models for new product introductions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or similar field
- Minimum of 4+ years’ progressive experience working in FP&A, revenue accounting, consulting or banking
- Right first time mentality with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Intellectual curiosity and desire and focus on continuous improvement
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and experience communicating with or presenting to people at all levels of the organization
- Strong Excel modeling and analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of, or experience with, revenue accounting for a consumer electronics or other retail company
- Strong understanding of gross margin variance drivers (volume, mix, rate, etc.) and experience bridging these variances
- Experience using Anaplan (forecasting software)
- Experience using Tableau (data visualization tool)
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.