Senior Embedded C++ Software Engineer (Boston)
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Design, build and enhance the embedded software system that controls, plays and distributes audio throughout the multi-room Sonos system.
- Work closely with service teams to design and improve the communication protocols between Sonos speakers, the Sonos Cloud infrastructure, and streaming music partners.
- Work across software and hardware teams to optimize Sonos system performance and deliver the latest software advancements to our entire portfolio.
- Use advanced telemetry to diagnose and debug problems in the field and improve the quality of our software.
- C++ developer with strong object-oriented design and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of experience delivering reliable, extensible and maintainable software
- Understanding of operating systems and experience with multi-threaded programming and embedded systems
- Knowledge of L2/L3 networking and protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience articulating technical concepts in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or in lieu of degree 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Cloud, RESTful API and HTTP technologies is a plus
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.