Senior Embedded Software Development Manager
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Hire, mentor, and retain top engineering talent.
- Lead, inspire and advocate for a team of high performing engineers to do their best work.
- Manage all the stages of sizable engineering projects from concept to design through implementation and release. This includes staffing allocation, project management and documentation.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to develop processes and strategies for producing new features and products that delight our customers.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to understand business requirements and product architecture across multiple disciplines of software, hardware, acoustics, networking and wireless technologies.
- Focus on delivering the highest quality software through manual and automation testing, as well as using telemetry to understand real-world usage to drive product improvements.
- Coach team members on software development skills, leadership responsibilities and help guide their professional development to grow their careers.
- 7+ years of experience in software development with at least 3+ years of leading teams.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software at scale.
- Working knowledge of C and C++ development, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline; or equivalent industry experience.
- Thrives in fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Understanding of how to develop and maintain embedded systems.
- Experience with Linux kernel development.
- Experience with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or other wireless technologies
- Knowledge of TCP, UDP and other networking protocols.
- Cross-platform mobile application development.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.