Senior Director, People Insights & Programs
Department: Human Resources and Talent
Location: Boston, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Partner across our global People team (Talent Acquisition, People Partners, Total Rewards, etc.), to design and deliver collaborative solutions and measure the effectiveness of how we’re finding, growing and keeping the people who empower listeners everywhere.
- Leading with our Behaviors (Respect, Transparency, Collaboration, Ownership), develop and grow a distributed, high performing team of L&D professionals, program/project managers, analysts, communication leads and content specialists to grow the capabilities, careers, and engagement of Sonos employees globally.
- Develop and implement employee research capability to measure opinions, engagement, and satisfaction of candidates and employees, to prove and scale what works, and de-prioritize what doesn’t.
- Recommend, design and implement trainings and programs that address learning and development needs, from employee onboarding to manager/leadership trainings.
- Build and manage our suite of HR systems and data sources to ensure accurate and timely reporting and insights, to ensure compliance and informed decision-making.
- Partner with functional teams to inform org design and change management practices.
- Ensure transparent, consistent and inspiring internal communication to keep Sonos informed and connected.
- 15+ years experience in people analytics, learning and development programs, consulting, and/or change management, preferably in a high-growth, global business.
- A proven team builder and talent magnet with a track record of attracting, developing, empowering, and retaining talent better than yourself.
- Innovative problem solver who leads with questions and research, and translates data and insights to inspire action across the organization.
- Strategic thought partner who builds relationships through high EQ and excellent listening skills, with a proven track record of operational discipline and organizational impact.
- Understand the “voice of the employee”; preserve an authentic two-way dialogue between leaders and employees that inspires and informs our workforce
- Bias to action and resilience that empowers others to navigate ambiguity, prioritize, learn and adjust in a rapidly changing environment and make progress.
- Management and leadership coaching experience, to manage a team overseeing a broad portfolio of projects as well as for active partnerships within and across functions.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.