Senior Director, Global Communications & Sustainability
Location: Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Lead the global Communications & Sustainability function at Sonos.
- Serve as a key member of the Marketing Extended Leadership Team.
- Manage a team of direct reports; build team capacity and capability.
- Drive strategy, content development, and oversight for Sonos’ corporate initiatives, including support for both product and brand related announcements.
- Refine Sonos’ narrative as our business evolves; consistently prepare the organization through ongoing message training.
- Be the main liaison with and counselor to internal counterparts that impact Sonos’ reputation including product, legal, finance, customer care, employee brand, and human resources.
- Develop and manage c-level visibility platforms.
- Partner closely with investor relations during quarterly earnings cycles.
- Build and maintain relationships with key press, influencers, and analysts.
- Collaborate with all internal functions to ensure communications efforts are well planned and integrated with overall plans.
- Guide local teams in lifecycle management of our agency partners including selection, metric setting, and tracking.
- Strong strategic and corporate communications capabilities for fast-growing consumer electronics companies or lifestyle brands.
- Agile problem-solver who enjoys getting close to the work.
- Expert manager accustomed to coaching and empowering talented teams.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills. Ability to influence outcomes across the company, including among c-suite executives.
- Expertise engaging directly with top tier journalists.
- Demonstrated success driving major product launch moments.
- At least 10 years’ experience managing communications teams.
- Comfortable within fast-paced global organization where team members are in multiple offices, in multiple countries.
- Proven experience managing strategic agency partners.
- Flawless English skills and strong presentation skills.
- Education: BA Required.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.