Senior Director, Customer Experience Technology
Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Good leaders build good teams. Hire, mentor, and develop top engineering and leadership talent as we build out your team.
- Work with the rest of the organization to create a strategy that enables Sonos to deliver a consistent, customer-centric end-to-end experience. Build out the platforms to enable our partners to deliver their part of that experience.
- You are close to the work: able to provide technical direction and detailed feedback on the work of your engineers.
- Create a roadmap that shows how those platforms and their capabilities will grow and align it with a budget to make it happen.
- Integrate the platforms to share data to track what’s happening in our customer’s journey. Make that data accessible for decision making. Establish a data-driven test-and-learn philosophy not only in your organization, but across the company.
- Partner with other Sonos functions to develop processes and strategies for producing new features and products that delight our customers. Inspire your team, and the rest of the organization, to collaborate and deliver on your roadmap.
- Work directly with the software and hardware teams to integrate customer experience and support solutions into our products.
- The position reports to the Vice President of Customer Experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in building, leading and inspiring high performing engineering teams.
- A passion for putting customer needs at the forefront of our thinking.
- You influence across the organization. You communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, and you show their value as part of our business and the customer experience.
- Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software and systems. Making something work once is easy, but you’ve made it work for years and built platforms that have scaled.
- You keep strong operational control across a large organization. You know what’s happening, what’s about to happen, and what could go wrong. You take that all into account to keep programs on track.
- Strong problem-solving skills. An understanding of the unique challenges and benefits to developing applications on the web and in retail. A focus on building people-centric applications.
- Experience with Salesforce, SaaS platforms, and cloud computing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Some travel required. You have a world-wide team, and thinking globally will be important.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.