Senior Data Scientist, Customer Experience
Department: Customer Care
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Partner with Customer Experience Engineering, Go To Market (GTM) Product teams to define business questions, translate those into data problems and ensure we define, capture, process, analyze and model data in order to reach a solution. You have the experience and creativity to figure out which statistical techniques or algorithms to use.
- Unearth insights from large volumes of unstructured Customer Experience data, diagnostic data and IoT data and tell compelling stories through dashboards and visualizations in order to guide strategic decision-making.
- Lead projects; breaking down the end-to-end analytics into bite size chunks.
- Mentor analysts who aspire to be data scientists. Help create an inclusive and cooperative environment where everyone can do their best work.
- Identify opportunities where Sonos would benefit from machine learning techniques and work with other teams at Sonos to build prototypes and productize.
- Engage engineering teams and product leaders by communicating insights and analyses in a way that is accessible and deepens their understanding of the customer and the product.
- Demonstrated experience in clearly and effectively communicating (written and verbally) in a cross-functional environment – you enjoy telling a story with data and sharing the output of your work with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of machine learning solutions and optimization techniques
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.