Senior Beta Program Manager
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
Sonos is committed to delivering the ultimate home listening experience to our users. Beta Program Management lives at the crossroads of support, product, marketing, development, and our testers. As the Beta Program Manager, you will play an integral role in delivering quality software to our end users.
You will focus on the planning, execution of feature release with key stakeholders in product, hardware or software engineering, customer care, and marketing.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Develop and manage project plans to deliver against the product roadmap.
- Manage cross-team software programs from end-to-end, covering all our key platforms - Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, device, and cloud services.
- Ensure that the program operates within the timeline providing risk assessment plans and actions when needed.
- Develop contingency/backup plans when program and/or project falls off track.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency. Measuring and documenting success.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders to gain company support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Ensure key stakeholders receive orientation and appropriate information of program goals, process and deliverables.
- Analyze program requirements, establish testing goals and communicate with partner teams.
- Develop custom program reports for management and stakeholders delivering on a agreed upon cadence.
- Review and monitor technical issues, bugs, overall feedback and prepare reports with actions weekly that measure bug count and impact.
- Develop a clear, detailed step by step test plan for the overall program and its activities in accordance with the goals of the Beta testing program.
- Put together a tester communication strategy. This will include email communication using the Beta Community and in app messages.
- Analyze the engagement of testers and feature performance.
- Keep a weekly status of the program and overview of program bugs. This will mean working in Confluence and developing queries in JIRA to track open issues.
- Develop tester surveys to ensure our feature is perfect. This will mean working with Software to develop goals, coding the surveys, and analyzing the data.
- Oversee the Beta Program – creating program pages, communicating and driving software release plans and project schedules. You will need to assess program risks and ensure that mitigations plans are put in place.
- Ensure the Beta Technical Support team is informed of any feature releases and program changes.
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders. That means attending product core meetings.
- Solid product sense with the ability to understand product architecture to actively participate in product discussions.
- Prior hands-on coding experience in software or systems engineering a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent team player with high emotional intelligence and active listening skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Must be able to set priorities, develop work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, track details, juggle multiple projects and work in a dynamic, fast paced environment while delivering results.
- Able to build strong working relationships across organizational teams.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills and commercial aptitude.
- Experience with JIRA, Tableau, Qualtrics, Agile, Centercode and Confluence.
- Experience in a Consumer Electronics company launching a new product.
- 5 years proven software/application program management experience in planning, developing, managing and executing multiple complex programs.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or engineering.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.