Senior Antenna Engineer
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Design and simulate dual-band WiFi antennas using full-wave simulation software, such as CST and HFSS.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver antenna systems/solutions which meet a challenging Product Function Spec.
- Build/prototype antennas and measure their performance in a 3D anechoic chamber.
- Support antenna manufacturing efforts to ensure high-quality implementation of antenna systems.
- Support EMI troubleshooting and regulatory certifications.
- Deliver high-level technical presentations to a broad professional audience.
- MSEE in electrical engineering with 5+ years of experience in antenna design or a PhD degree with strong theoretical background in antennas.
- Being proficient with electromagnetic simulation tools such as CST and HFSS as well as other tools like Matlab for data processing.
- In-depth knowledge of different antenna technologies and materials.
- Good insight in developing antennas with focus on cost and performance trade-offs.
- Strong RF/HW board and system level troubleshooting skills including antenna and RF network matching.
- Experience with RF lab equipment, such as 3D anechoic chamber, VNA, and SA, for antenna and RF sub-system characterization.
- Proven ability to use RF knowledge to optimize layouts, antenna matching, power supply and critical node filtering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Uncompromising team work ethic.
- Knowledge of radio standards (such as 802.11a/b/g/n/11ac, BT/BLE, or 3GPP).
- Understanding the trade-offs of RF system design.
- Some knowledge of RF sub-systems such as LNA, PA, etc.
- Familiarity with regulatory standards (FCC/IC/ETSI etc).
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.