Senior Accounting Analyst
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Own and drive monthly close activities for multiple areas/companies (US GAAP and local GAAP).
- Enter monthly accounting journals, reconcile ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and P&L (using Blackline as tool) and effectively execute processes that are SOX compliant.
- Actively participate and bring value to cross functional meetings intended to improve or automate accounting and control processes.
- Drive monthly accrual process by working closely with cross functional teams (among others Marketing, Logistics and Legal)
- Record fixed asset additions in the sub-ledger, depreciate and reconcile with general ledger.
- Compile and analyze data. Prepare a variety of reports for internal audit and external reporting.
- Prepare data for local VAT returns and Intrastat reporting as well as statistical filings.
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies and contribute with your expertise to various projects and ad hoc analyses.
- Support statutory audits and corporate income tax returns for all EMEA entities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Economics
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 5 - 8 years of related experience in an international company, including experience with accounting systems.
- Experienced with full General Ledger and US GAAP accounting and familiar with major European countries taxes.
- Strong VAT knowledge in an international environment.
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills in Dutch, and English.
- French and/or German is a plus.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Consumer Electronics/Technology industry background preferred.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.