Revenue Accounting Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Lead the revenue month-end close process and review the company’s sales incentives calculations, including contractual discounts, market development fund (MDF), and promotional rebates; may also prepare more complex and/or judgmental calculations and reserves.
- Review calculations and workpapers prepared by the revenue accounting team to support monthly accruals, deferrals, and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure financial audit and SOX requirements are met.
- Support external reporting as required.
- Lead efforts to build out new processes and structure addressing and improving the month end close processes and SOX compliance.
- Present analyses and findings of revenue results on a monthly basis, including leading key month-end close meetings and providing flux commentary to senior leadership
- Responsible for ensuring the accounting system is in compliance with the company’s revenue recognition policies and lead the revenue-related system update/upgrade efforts as needed
- Oversee the Company’s on-going compliance with the ASC 606 revenue accounting standard
- Lead the development and implementation of revenue related policies, procedures and ERP system features
- Various special projects and ad hoc analyses as assigned
- BS/BA degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 6-8+ years of accounting experience. Experience can be a combination of public accounting and/or industry experience
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP, with a preference for familiarity with ASC 606 revenue topics
- Proven experience leading a team or leading a key initiative or process
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, including pivots, vlookup, sumif, index match, etc.
- Experience with a mid to large ERP system, such as Great Plains or SAP/Oracle
- Master’s degree in accounting
- Technical accounting familiarity, particularly related to revenue accounting
- Google suite familiarity
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.