Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Drive the monthly global revenue close process, including deferred revenue, revenue accruals, prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, revenue reporting, and flux analyses
- Manage revenue related estimates including the company’s sales incentives and Marketing Development Fund (MDF) accruals, and returns provisions
- Work closely with the Revenue Accounting Manager to design and implement new revenue initiatives
- Respond to internal and external audit requests
- Prepare revenue-related schedules for quarterly and annual external reporting deadlines
- Maintain and document standard procedures to ensure compliance with SOX
- Assist in ERP implementation testing
- Other tasks and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related area
- 3-5+ years of relevant accounting experience; revenue accounting experience a plus
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- High level of proficiency with Excel required
- Experience with Blackline and/or SAP a plus
- Self-starter, ability to problem solve, analyze, and present data in a simple format required
- Ability to work in a fast-moving atmosphere in a very team-oriented environment
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.