Retail Marketing Manager - Northern Europe
Retail, Sales and Commercial
As Retail Marketing Manager, you will have responsibility for leading and executing Sonos retail marketing efforts with our largest UK retail partner accounts. You will need to establish and build relationships at all levels, both within the retailers and at Sonos cross functionally, delivering class leading, innovative and effective plans, based on market insights to achieve against company KPIs.
You will be an expert in communication, both written and verbal. You will demonstrate excellent listening, open-mindedness, clarity, concision and confidence as natural and key strengths. You will show advanced presentation skills and know how to generate enthusiasm and buy-in from an audience. You share information clearly and openly and with others.
You will fully own and drive retail marketing programs and projects from start to finish, all within the set time-frames and budgets, following up with clear results. You will be seen as a leader and expert in retail marketing, pro-actively conceiving and delivering solutions to challenges. You will likely not go for the easy solution or quickest win, rather looking at the longer term and best possible qualitative result that can be achieved.
You will demonstrate a clear view on what needs to be achieved and will show adaptability in how to get there. You will seek input from others and challenge the status quo, displaying the ability to handle different stakeholders, others’ ideas, temperaments and cultures to bring the team together in a single approach. You can then clearly formulate a direction, articulate rationale and deliver buy-in for a number of options and make the right decision. You will be able to ruthlessly prioritise to deliver against tight deadlines.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
• Create Retail Marketing plans with a digital-first bias, incorporating Sonos activities that bridge brand strategy and business objectives.
• Leverage consumer and channel insights into a consistent customer journey and consumer experience, both online and offline, meeting our high standard and brand guidelines.
• Deliver against all key Retail Marketing metrics in the Northern Europe strategy.
• Working with key stakeholders (Global, Regional and Local), you will present your point of view on relevant retail opportunities to reach our audience and you will own all aspects of planning and delivery for your accounts.
• Working closely with the commercial team, you will produce a direction and corresponding annual plans for your retail accounts, spotting opportunities for growth and ways in which we can bring Sonos to life across all aspects of the marketing mix.
• Bring the optimal Sonos experience to life in partner retail stores.
• Develop strong relationship with the retailers, Sonos commercial team, Sonos field team, 3rd party agencies and the Regional / Global Retail Experience teams.
• Own and manage the retail marketing budget and spends for your accounts, including tracking & reporting.
• Collate updates of Retail Marketing activity and present at company updates.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail marketing / commercial roles.
• A self-starter, demonstrating pro-activity and a high quality bar.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• A progressive, creative thinker with ability to adapt.
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.