Regional Account Manager - Lyon
Retail, Sales and Commercial
Other Europe, Paris
The people we choose will be able to make a big difference to the success of Sonos, within some of the biggest names in the Audio / Video business locally in France. This position delivers a real opportunity for the candidate to become a shining star within a brand – and a brand sector – with massive potential, rather than being lost within much larger organizations and established technology.
The terrific part is that we have a great story – extremely cool products, collaborative teams and dizzying growth. If you love Music, solving challenges, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you.
Sonos is looking for a Regional Account Manager who will be responsible for increasing in-store conversion within its Business area and contribute to significantly grow Sonos new customers’ database to eventually fill more homes with Music.
You will be fully accountable and responsible all over its geographical area business-wise in order to help us translate Sonos national strategy and action plans at regional and local levels. At Sonos, we truly believe in people. As a result, the Regional Account Manager will be empowered to represent Sonos across all distribution channels and will be expected to successfully engage and manage long term relationships with both AV/CI and Retail Sales associates. Moreover, we also expect the Regional Account Manager to drive regional initiatives and coordinate programs across multiple stores with the support of Retailers’ regional organization.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Build strong relationships with existing accounts to develop ambitious but deliverable sales growth.
• Manage the budgeting and sales planning with new and existing relations with both AV/CI and Retailers with a strong focus on sell-out.
• Manage inventory levels and sales out to ensure stock is always in channels in quantities that does not lead to stock clearance issues.
• Identify all levers that could have a positive and significant impact on sales conversion, and coordinate the implementation of such programs in the field with the support of required internal and external resources.
• Work closely with the Sonos marketing and field teams to ensure accounts have all necessary support including: cut through marketing activity, trained and knowledgeable staff, strong in-store Sonos presence and a pro-active approach to attracting new customers.
• Provide consistent and qualitative feedbacks using Sonos processes and tools so that the sales team benefits from great insight coming from the field.
• At least 7 years account management experience.
• The most important is certainly your addiction to Music. You do not necessarily need either a Consumer Electronics or an HiFi background as long as you understand who we are and stick to our core values.
• A well proven track record in both sales and account management.
• Strong management and negotiating skills.
• We need to move fast and we expect candidates to behave with a high degree of maturity and autonomy.
• A confident and dynamic personality, with a sharp attention to detail and being able to manage a number of accounts in a highly professional and efficient manner. Also a strong team player with a clear understanding of the ‘big picture’ and being able to quickly gel with colleagues.
• Great mastery of Excel and strong sensitivity to data quality.
Are you ready to rock this job? If yes, send us your application and wow us! If not, but you feel inspired and believe in our story and you strongly feel you can contribute and be a game-changer, stay in touch through our Talent Network, Twitter or follow us on Linkedin.
If you fit the requirements for this role you'll be invited for a video interview with one of our recruiters. In the rounds following the conversation with the recruiter you'll be meeting band members from our Sales and Marketing team in France. The final round will be held in our Paris office where we ask you to prepare a business case and presentation for our France leadership team.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.