Radio Systems Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Deliver impactful radio solutions in high volume production.
- Oversee wireless related production problems and provide feedback in a constructive way. Analyzing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Radio and RF system such as receiver, transmitter with essential parametric (power, EVM, linearity, etc.)
- Develop wireless communication models in Matlab.
- Characterize and debug wireless systems in detail.
- RFIC transceiver systems bring up, debugging, optimization, verification, and characterization of performance.
- Support SW design, system and platform teams.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
- Display courage to innovate, admit faults, and/or make mistakes.
- BSEE and 5+ years design experience or MSEE and 3+ years design experience in (digital) radio engineering. This includes RF/HW board and system level design. As well as experience in the commercial wireless field of RF, RFIC, RF systems, or (digital) radio communication applications.
- Strong knowledge of WLAN 802.11n/11ac. Knowledge of other technologies like Cellular GSM, EDGE, CDMA, Bluetooth is a plus.
- Background in analyzing RF system such as receiver, transmitter with essential parametric (power, EVM, linearity, etc.)
- Understanding the trade-offs of RF system design.
- Knowledge of RFIC circuits such as PLL, LNA, Mixer, LO, PA, etc.
- Knowledge in wireless digital BB algorithms is a plus.
- Experience in hands-on skills in areas of board level RF troubleshooting, RF measurement techniques, and RF system level knowledge.
- Knowledge of FM-audio systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of RF test and verification equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, frequency/function generators.
- Experience in RF/HW board and system level troubleshooting skills including antenna and RF network matching.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.