Quality Assurance Engineer - ERP
Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
Location: Boston, Hilversum, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Provide QA leadership for specific projects and initiatives.
- Analyze user stories and business process requirements to estimate quality risks.
- Clarify and improve user story descriptions and acceptance criteria, and occasionally create new stories.
- Develop automated functional tests.
- Perform manual and automated software testing.
- Investigate test failures or other system anomalies and characterize possible root causes.
- Evaluate overall release quality and advise on go/no-go decisions.
- Partner with users to understand underlying business needs.
- Perform occasional detailed technical specification of requirements.
- Sometimes implement configuration changes to SAP or other applications.
- A demonstrable history of self-motivation and a bias towards taking action and getting things done.
- Experience working in a software quality assurance role over several years and a desire to learn more about business analysis.
- A strong knowledge of SAP functionality, either well-rounded across several functional areas or deeper knowledge in a particular process domain. Experience in sales, logistics, purchasing, and supply chain is especially desirable, though experience in other areas is also welcomed.
- Familiarity with test automation using a number of code- and UI-based testing frameworks and tools.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise business process best practices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to advocate for quality with colleagues and stakeholders.
- An ability to write moderately-complex SQL queries and manipulate data using a range of spreadsheet functions.
- Sufficient technical familiarity with XML, JSON, and APIs (SOAP/REST) to test integrations using these technologies.
- A familiarity with industry standard quality frameworks and an ability to apply such concepts to longer term software improvement strategies.
- Exposure to enterprise integration / middleware platforms and enough technical acumen to navigate through their artifacts to analyze implemented system logic and behavior.
- Capabilities to analyze data using a range of statistical techniques and optimization algorithms.
- Familiarity with multi-tier system architectures and source control principles.
- Some moderate level programming skills suitable for general purpose programming tasks.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.