Product Realization Leader
Department: Product Operations
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Lead a cross-functional team of project managers and individual contributors within the product operations team, including program sourcing, product and process engineering, supply base engineering, quality, and factory program management, through the process of realizing physical product from exploration to mass production. This is a role of influential leadership, not direct reporting.
- Tightly integrate the work between operations and product development and keep the teams aligned at all times.
- Work closely with the Product Introduction Manager to plan and drive all program builds at the sub and final assembly level, develop and manage the operations budget, and communicate with all of Sonos.
- Work with the operations team and other groups to ensure there is proper communication of the state of the program, program issues, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Motivate, energize, and lead the product operations team with optimism while instilling a quality mindset around every detail of every part of the product.
- Embrace the role as the operations program leader that everyone looks to as the point of accountability for the overall delivery of the product with the quality, cost, and scale expected.
- Be the focal point for identifying gaps in organizational capability and driving systemic change to improve the overall effectiveness of the product development engine at Sonos.
- Develop and manage the overall operations schedule for all the NPI product
- Develop and manage the operations budget for all the NPI product
- Manage the product COGM using Monte carlo simulation and report out to the broader team.
- Manage all the operations lesson learn for all the NPI product
- Experience designing, building and leading high performance teams within fast growing, highly innovative and progressive environments.
- Proven track record coaching and developing people and teams - especially in globally diverse, face-paced, dynamic, and demanding environments.
- Broad leadership experience bringing complex, game-changing products to high-volume manufacturing. Technical background with progressive leadership roles in manufacturing operations, new product introduction/development, and/or strategic sourcing is highly desired.
- Broad, strategic, and creative thinker with a track record of progressive thought leadership.
- Strong collaboration skills - ability to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate cross-functionally to achieve specific goals.
- Engineering degree with graduate degree in engineering or business is desired.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.