Product Material Specialist
Department: Product Operations
Location: Santa Barbara
Sonos Sourcing organization is responsible for material sourcing and supply management. We are looking for a Product Material Specialist as the primary contact from Sourcing organization partnering with the Global Sourcing Manager, Sonos Supply Planning and Contract Manufacturer to ensure a robust execution of material supply strategy and scenario planning/analysis.
Your role will be to communicate material shortages, End of Production, buffer inventory planning, scenario planning for demand fluctuation via data analysis. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in a manufacturing environment, an operations background, and a profound knowledge of electrical & electronics component supply is preferred in addition to ability of building analytical models for efficient and effective analysis.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Scenario planning for feasibility and cost of upside/downside on specific product lines to support business opportunities.
- Primary contact for supply planners in the event of shortages; coordinate detailed component delivery to factory information between the Global Sourcing Manager, and Contract Manufacturer.
- Primary interface to coordinate End of Production product including triggering Contract Manufacturer to remove buffers/Minimum Order Quantity prior to End of Production, driving Contract Manufacturer to report excess in timely manner, consolidated liability reporting, scenario planning liability and actions to reduce, working with Global Sourcing Manager to drive cross-selling, cancellations, broker sales etc.
- Manage peak season and other buffer planning to support business flexibility; provide analysis on cost of the flexibility.
- Sourcing database maintenance and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree with analytical background.
- Working experience in supply chain management.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and ability to learn, adapt, and collaborate.
- Passion for processes and continuous improvement to drive excellence in material management.
- Readily and easily switches gears in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment. Able to lead and influence beyond immediate functional boundaries and manage key stakeholders both internally and in with Contract Manufacturer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Willingness to embrace and drive change.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.