Product Manager - Direct to Consumer
Retail, Sales and Commercial
Boston, Santa Barbara
As the (Direct-to-Consumer) DTC Product Manager, you will work with the DTC team to help manage the status and strategic vision for the assigned product lines of the Retail Technology Platform. You are one who is detail orientated and understands agile processes for development. Help the team to understand what’s in development and what’s coming from all ends of the business which will impact the DTC Retail Experience. Understand the Retail Technology Platform as a product and what is needed (content, software, hardware, experience updates, timelines) for best optimal customer experience and cost effectiveness. Manage Product releases and versioning properly keeping priorities of features, costs and requirements. Anticipate & align our goals and strategies to Sonos Product Road Map clearly managing and communicating deployments of our Retail Technology Platform and specific products that make up and comprise of the platform.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Maintain sharp focus on what we’re building and why we’re building it.
• Balance the needs of our customers and stakeholders to properly manage the priorities of feature sets and installs.
• Act as an advocate for the RTP as a product across the organization, including the development of tactical strategies to increase volume and value to the business
• Collaborate to identify and define business questions and issues, help to develop strategic solutions, forecasting costs informing senior leadership to maximizing strategic business opportunities/optimizations for the retail technology platform.
• Understanding and documenting product objectives/timelines, standard operating procedures, and requirements to report to team and ensure they all align with our goals and the company road map.
• Maintain a strong user focus, including monitor of requirements to ensure the product is exceeding expectations of our customers across each integration.
• Collaborate with team to set the long-term vision and strategy for DTC retail products and installs and communicate this status to senior leadership and team.
• Monitor competitive product landscape to identify and recommend new opportunities.
• Work with team to ship epic experiences for our customers at retail that support our leading and epic products.
• Bachelor’s degree required or additional directly related Product Management experience.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience shipping and managing technical products and/or software applications.
• Have successfully organized, prioritized, and managed multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
• Strong understanding of the latest technical standards and best practices in usability and iterative product development.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
• Ability to travel 20 - 30% of the time.
• A solid team player who can be assertive but also known as a "people person".
• Highly organized and detail orientated.
• Familiar with standard product management tools.
If you feel inspired and interested in applying, then wow us with your application. You'll receive feedback within 2 weeks. If your background aligns with our needs we'll reach out to setup an initial call with the hiring manager to get to know you and for you to get to know us.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.