Product Manager - Developer Advocate ( Seattle )
This is a new, highly visible role on a new team at SONOS that will have a large impact on a new customer base. Being a great communicator with a strong technical background will be vital as you work with internal teams and external customers.
The most important part of your role is going to be working with our strategic partners to help them deliver the Ultimate Home Music Experience on top of our APIs by providing support and working with our internal teams to evolve our platform by generalizing partner requests into more widely applicable platform features. Having an interest in open source projects and a desire to work within technical communities will be very beneficial. You will look for trends and assess the requirements necessary to fix and alleviate them from reoccurring.
As an advocate for partners and developers, you will listen to their needs and work closely with the software teams at Sonos to influence the evolution of the Sonos platform through prioritized partner requirements and your strong negotiation skills.
You will also assist in supporting our developer ecosystem through online channels such as Blogs, StackOverflow, GitHub, and represent Sonos at relevant conferences and hack events.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
The most important part of your role is going to be working directly with our strategic partners to help deliver the Ultimate In-Home Music Experience. You will do this by:
- Answering questions and troubleshooting development issues.
- Working hands-on with key strategic partners to understand what they are trying to accomplish and providing solutions and technical developer support.
- Identifying experience gaps between partner capabilities and our platform and working with internal Product Managers and Dev Leads to evolve our platform.
- Work with internal and external UX resources to guide the partner and any internal development work towards the best possible experience.
- Educate our strategic partners and the community about new features in our APIs through presentations, blog posts and webinars.
- Assist the developer community by answering questions on StackOverflow and through other community tools.
This role requires strong technical, interpersonal, and presentation skills, and as a successful candidate, you are passionate about music and technology, you can confidently talk about code with developers, and you can explain complex technology in simple terms.
- 5+ years of recent experience as a developer advocate/evangelist or platform product manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related.
- Strong technical background with a proven ability to rapidly learn new technologies and APIs.
- Strong public speaking skills, experience presenting to technical audiences.
- Proven writing skills demonstrated via technical and inspirational blog posts or similar public written contributions.
- Decisive and action oriented, you learn quickly, work independently, and take ownership of open issues.
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Established social media presence or established network in the music service industry preferred.
- Familiarity with mobile development platforms (Android / iOS / Windows), UX and business model of various music services, Web Protocols such as REST, SOAP and Websockets are preferred.
If this looks like a great role for you, please apply and one of our recruiters will reach out to you if there is a fit.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.