Product Creation Leader
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Partner with the Product Management team to help inform the vision and requirements for a new product
- As a technical leader, you will be responsible for the product development team bringing a new product to market.
- You will inspire a high performing cross-functional team through charismatic and energetic leadership.
- You will keep the team on track, which means ensuring they are developing the right product within all the established program boundaries.
- You will communicate at many levels, to keep both your team aligned and senior Sonos leadership informed.
- A natural leader who is motivated by a difficult challenge
- Has passion for, and experience in, creating great products
- 15+ years-experience in consumer hardware product development
- Demonstrated success leading multi-disciplinary technical development teams
- Experience driving products into high-volume mass production with Asian contract manufacturers
- Relentless sense of ownership for the success of a project, demonstrated by incomparable drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- Wide breadth of technical knowledge in several of the following areas:
- Digital and analog electronics, radio and antenna design, mechanical engineering, transducer and acoustic system engineering, embedded firmware development, industrial design and user experience
- Expertise in project management best practices
- Knows how to create and maintain high performing teams with good team chemistry
- Able to travel within the US and Asia (sometimes with little notice)
- Organization comes naturally and is paired with verbal and written communication skills that bring cross-functional teams together
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.