Principal Software Product Manager
When you bring a new Internet of Things gadget home, do you wish that setting it up should be every bit as amazing an experience as actually using it? Do you also believe that these connected home devices should be secure without having to be complicated to use or to understand?
Sonos was founded on a belief that high-quality sound delivered seamlessly throughout your home can improve your life. This founding belief – that listening better can mean living better – motivates us now more than ever, as new technologies, particularly smart speakers, craft new experience possibilities. In creating the wireless home audio category over the past decade, we’ve also created a passionate fan base; one that deserves our assurance that the Sonos system is secure, and as our customers expand their Sonos systems to envelop their entire house with the soundtracks of their lives, that they can do so seemingly magically.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to express our core Sonos Player provisioning and security platform technologies. Trust in the platform starts at the time our customers put a Sonos player into their homes and onto their home networks. This role will lead our next generation provisioning and trust platforms using technologies like Bluetooth Low Energy, Near Field Communications, Ultrasonic Audio, Public Key Infrastructure, and other technologies - both current and emerging - to define the future of how Sonos players are provisioned into the home and how they maintain trust within the Sonos ecosystem and the user's household. You will also champion security features and functionality that embodies our desire to deliver simple and delightful products to customers while preventing exploitation of our customers' and partners' sensitive data and networks via our products.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- You have demonstrated experience as a cross-functional leader driving the creation of successful, technically innovative software and/or hardware products – your ability to work across teams in a positive and collaborative way is key.
- Prior experience as a software product manager or product development leader is applicable to this role.
- You are not afraid of the new and unknown; you know what you don’t know and you have a passion for asking questions, learning new things, and putting that knowledge to use.
- You have an unrelenting goal to give customers amazing experiences on top of complex technologies.
- You understand how to use all types of data as dimensions to inform decisions and the product roadmap.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate both business/user value and complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience applying agile methodologies and experience as a Product Owner is highly desired.
- You have an educational background in or working familiarity with PKI or other security technologies, wireless technologies like BLE and NFC, or a background in operating system development.
- Passion for music and a demonstrated commitment to making – and shipping – outstanding products.
Sonos embraces people that come from diverse backgrounds, bring unique perspectives, and that share a common real passion for creating sound experiences that become the audio track of people's lives. We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager that is as passionate about music as they are about developing innovative products.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.