Principal Product Manager - Software Platform
Department: Product Management
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Define and communicate a product vision to executive management in order to gain alignment and prioritization across functions
- Develop and maintain a roadmap and goals that allow the team to deliver on the vision over the long term
- Work with your peers in engineering, quality, data and UX to set up the team to succeed, delivering on the product roadmap
- Identify and track KPIs so the team can build, measure, learn and iterate
- Negotiate project level trade-offs with engineering
- Mentor junior staff in order to scale your product management experience
- Seek opportunities for the team to learn from customers, partners & internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage dependencies, risk and schedules across software and hardware
- 7+ years experience in product management
- 4+ years experience working with developer platforms & ecosystems
- 3+ experience with developing services and APIs
- Comfortable making hard decisions using a blend of quantitative and qualitative inputs
- Able to define vision and strategy, in addition to solid results-driven execution
- Able to influence at all levels of the organization with strong communication skills
- Able to execute multiple, complex projects in parallel
- Strong technical background with an ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Able to work closely with strategic partners through technical integrations
- Collaborative spirit and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or experience in technical roles
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.