Principal Product Manager - Portfolio Planning
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Partner with market, technology, and creative counterparts to develop a deep understanding of the future landscape of consumer electronics and smart audio marketplace including technology trends, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and content landscape
- Partner with user research and the creative community to understand the future customer reality within our target audience and adjacent markets including customer environments, behaviors, media consumption, social interactions, technology consumption, and listening needs
- Identify potential new product opportunities for Sonos that require exploration including new categories of hardware, services, features, partnerships, and positioning
- Work with stakeholders and executive leadership to appropriately prioritize explorations along dimensions of strategy, risk/opportunity size, differentiation, investment, and internal dependencies
- Serve as the product management perspective in explorations, translating customer needs, Sonos strategy, experience vision, and business factors into a coherent point of view
- Collaboratively evaluate new portfolio opportunities across dimensions of strategy/brand relevance, technical feasibility, customer desirability, and business viability
- Make future portfolio recommendations on where to play (areas, markets, customer groups, product categories), how to win (differentiation, pricing, product characteristics), and how to commercialize (business models, market tactics)
- 10+ years of overall industry experience in complex consumer product development
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management or similar roles, defining and leading the creation of new products
- Track record of influencing the overall product direction of an established consumer brand
- Experience translating user research insights into actionable product deliverables
- Creative and/or Technical background, ideally with BA/BS in Design or Engineering
- Business expertise with MBA or equivalent practical real-world experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you are an expert storyteller and presenter able to engage executives, press and industry partners using any medium
- Sensitivity to international cultural differences, with experience developing global products and working alongside colleagues throughout the world
- Proficiency using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, execute creatively, and act decisively
- Experience working in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Experience and expertise in product and market analytics are a plus
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.