Principal Product Manager, Player Platform Software (Seattle or Boston)
Department: Product Management
Location: Boston, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Research, analyze, and forecast technology trends; identify and investigate opportunities to use new technologies and vendors to enable new and innovative experiences; and work cross-functionally with your internal team and external partners to bring these experiences to realization.
- Responsible for influencing the strategy and evolution of Sonos core technology platforms and handling day-to-day experience, cost, and execution trade-offs.
- Guide and prioritize the work of software engineering teams, and work with hardware Product Managers and Product Creation Leaders to define the technical software and hardware requirements needed to enable product experiences that delight.
- Responsible for helping lead the evolution of the Sonos software platform roadmap and handling day-to-day experience and execution trade-offs.
- Work with user experience and user research teams to ensure an outstanding Sonos experience across the entire ecosystem of products, platforms and applications.
- Set, track and maintain goals and experience and quality metrics for features and system performance.
- You have demonstrated experience as a cross-functional leader driving the creation of successful, technically innovative software and/or hardware products – your ability to work across teams in a positive and collaborative way is key. Prior experience as a software product manager or product development leader is applicable to this role.
- You are not afraid of the new and unknown; you know what you don’t know and you have a passion for asking questions, learning new things, and putting that knowledge to use.
- You have an unrelenting goal to give customers amazing experiences on top of complex technologies.
- You understand how to use all types of data as dimensions to inform decisions and the product roadmap.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate both business/user value and complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience applying agile methodologies and experience as a Product Owner is highly desired.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.