Principal Product Manager - Hardware
Department: Product Management
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
- You are charismatic and convincing, people describe you as a natural leader.
- You are personally motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic.
- You are an advocate for the customer, brand, and product experience.
- You are passionate about identifying, understanding, and articulating customer needs.
- You are persistent, resilient, and a product champion.
- You know how to inspire. You ensure the company understands why we’re building a product, and you deliver an effective and engaging vision that motivates the entire organization.
- You believe that decisions should be grounded in a deep understanding of the customer and market landscape. You use quantitative and qualitative user insights, paired with business expertise and strategic thinking, to deliver game changing products. But even in the absence of perfect data, you can still connect the dots and make good decisions.
- You believe deeply in innovation, creativity, and constant learning. You test and refine product strategies, and have an ability to interweave cutting-edge technology into customer experiences and product roadmaps.
- You see value in diversity of thought and you actively seek out the perspectives of other individuals outside your team. You naturally build trusted relationships across all levels of the organization, including teammates who are not in the same physical location.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, but also know how to drive clarity.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Develop the future vision and strategy for a new category of Sonos products; build a roadmap/portfolio that supports the strategy.
- Manage delivery of near-term product introductions while concurrently thinking about longer-term future product investments and lifecycle refreshes.
- Partner deeply throughout the organization to influence and build on the platform, while delivering our next set of hardware product experiences.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the dynamic market landscape supported by quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Define the functionality of new products – all the way from high-level vision down to the detailed product specifications through all stages of product development.
- Develop product positioning and have an integral role in product pricing, feature sets, and launch timing.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, technical feasibility, and business requirements.
- Translate a complex set of possibilities (and technical requirements) into simple, compelling value propositions for the customer.
- Influence leadership and resolve organization-wide conflicts in a positive manner by partnering with:
Product Management team to develop a shared platform and future product roadmap.
Hardware/Software Engineering teams to turn the product vision into reality.Product Marketing, Go-To-Market and Operations teams to introduce those products to market.
- Business expertise with MBA or equivalent practical real-world experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you are an expert storyteller and presenter able to engage executives, press and industry partners using any medium (verbal, sketching, whiteboard, block diagrams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc), Sensitivity to international cultural differences, with experience developing global products and working alongside colleagues throughout the world.
- Proficiency using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Experience translating user research insights into actionable product deliverables.
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and act decisively.
- Experience working in an innovative, fast-paced environment.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.