Principal Product Manager - Hardware
Boston, Santa Barbara
Listen better. Live better. Sonos is building a platform for the Sonic Internet that elevates listening experiences to feel more seamless, more immersive, and more relevant to the way we live.
The Sonos Product Management team is responsible for developing strategy and creating new product experiences from concept to launch (and beyond). We’re looking for a Principal Product Manager that will set vision and motivate teams to shape the future of sound. In this role, you will be the advocate for a growing family of Sonos hardware products, developing innovative new experiences and determining the right technical tradeoffs to meet customer and business needs.
This role is inherently collaborative and high-visibility; you will work with marketing, design, and engineering teams, and interact with colleagues throughout all levels of the company.
A successful candidate is enthusiastic, able to work effectively in a rapidly changing organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies into high quality product experiences that customers love.
- You are charismatic and convincing, people describe you as a natural leader.
- You are personally motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic.
- You are an advocate for the customer, brand, and product experience.
- You are passionate about identifying, understanding, and articulating customer needs.
- You are persistent, resilient and act with conviction.
How you work:
- You know how to inspire. You ensure the company understands why we’re building a product, and you deliver an effective and engaging vision that motivates the entire organization.
- You believe that decisions should be grounded in a deep understanding of the customer and market landscape. You use quantitative and qualitative user insights, paired with business expertise and strategic thinking, to deliver game changing products. But even in the absence of perfect data, you can still connect the dots and make good decisions.
- You believe deeply in innovation, creativity, and constant learning. You test and refine product strategies, and have an ability to interweave cutting-edge technology into customer experiences and product roadmaps.
- You see value in diversity of thought and you actively seek out the perspectives of other individuals outside your team. You naturally build trusted relationships across all levels of the organization, including teammates who are not in the same physical location.
- You understand that nothing is black and white and find comfort and opportunity in ambiguity.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
Apply now and help us get to know you and why this is the right opportunity for you. Help us see how and where you put the experience first and how you connect with people. If there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.