Principal Support Engineer
Boston, Santa Barbara
Being part of the CORE2 team, you will own product support readiness for Sonos hardware and Software products for Customer Care. You will be a mentor for escalation engineers across the organization. Leading product quality initiatives with a cross functional global product and support team to drive change.
You will be highly visible to the executive level and will influence product and program direction. Engaging in the most critical support cases that require focus and resolution. Interface to the Product organization (Product Development, Quality Assurance and Product Management) to resolve product level issues.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Lead supportability projects for new and existing products to ensure these products are supportable as an end product.
• Foster relationships cross functionally across the organization as a technical advocate for our customers and the Customer Care organization as they relate to the Product Engineering team.
• As a technical leader, you will be engaged and will own tactical escalation response for the most critical escalations.
• You will mentor the current Escalation team members as a primary component of your daily work.
• Create training material for a larger support team audience.
• Strong technical leader with 5+ years’ experience in 3rd level technical support escalation role.
• Technical Degree in Computer Science Engineering or Related Experience.
• Proficiencies with debugging desktop and mobile (iOS, Android) environments.
• Expert level Network engineer highly skilled in debugging TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6).
• Wireless technology trouble shooting experience preferred.
• Scripting experience (Python/Ruby/Go/Perl) preferred.
• Amazon Web Services or other Cloud technology experience desirable.
• Highly proficient with protocol level debugging with Wireshark, tcpdump or similar industry tools.
• Troubleshooting Tools such as Resource Monitor, Process monitor preferred.
• Experience with testing embedded consumer electronics or wireless mobile devices in technical customer support environment is a plus.
• Great communicator with an ability to breakdown a technical situation to understandable terms for all levels of audience.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first interview.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.