Principal Escalation Engineer (Boston/Santa Barbara/ Seattle)
Department: Customer Care
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Lead supportability projects for new and existing products to ensure these products are supportable as an end product.
- Foster relationships cross functionally across the organization as a technical advocate for our customers and the Customer Experience organization as they relate to the Product Engineering team.
- As a technical leader, you will be engaged and will own tactical escalation response for the most critical escalations.
- You will mentor the current Escalation team members as a primary component of your daily work.
- Create training material for a larger support team audience related to troubleshooting process and best practices.
- Strong technical leader with 8+ years’ experience in 3rd level technical support escalation role.
- Technical Degree in Computer Science Engineering or Related Experience .
- Proficiency with debugging desktop and mobile (iOS, Android) environments.
- Expert level Network engineer highly skilled in debugging TCP/IP (IPv4/IPv6).
- Highly proficient with protocol level debugging with Wireshark, tcpdump or similar industry tools.
- You must have a passion for delivering the highest quality.
- Wireless technology troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Certifications and hands on experience working with Tableau, Kibana, MicroStrategies, Datadog or other related data visualization tools are strongly desired.
- Scripting experience (Python/Ruby/Go/Perl) preferred.
- Amazon Web Services or other Cloud technology experience desirable.
- Troubleshooting Tools such as Resource Monitor, Process monitor preferred.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.