People Partner, Customer Experience
Department: Human Resources and Talent
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Be the primary point of contact for Leadership Team members
- Drive proactive initiatives such as: workforce planning and organizational structure, continual development of “high performing”teams, training and development initiatives in partnership with People Programs & Insights, and close connection with Finance, Talent Acquisition, and other functions to support the health of the business
- Have the pulse and hold up the mirror with a quantitative and qualitative view of how we’re doing
- Take data interpretation to the next level with your provocative suggestions and insights
- Provide a “feet on the street” view of morale; diagnose root-cause issues within organizations
- Provide coaching to leaders around Sonos behaviors and values and overall leadership effectiveness
- Provide real time insights around headcount, budget, attrition, and other actionable metrics
- Ensure smooth execution and processing of People Operations programs and personnel changes
- Be capable of representing the local employment legal requirements – either by becoming an expert or by relying on others
- Conduct performance related conversations with managers and employees
- Rise to any necessary occasion with flexibility, ingenuity, professionalism
- Executive Functioning: You will spend your days juggling different priorities and demands on your time. You will need to stay organized and navigate competing priorities as the tasks of the role are different every day.
- Attention to Detail: You will need excellent attention to detail and strong follow through
- Collaboration and Partnership: You will be collaborating with your fellow People Partners, as well as your business clients, as well as others in the People Operations team. We will expect you to reach out for help and to help others, accept coaching and provide your own best practices.
- Intuition: Your ability to read people and groups is critical. You will be expected to be a talented diagnostician of situations and individuals, and bring that to work every day.
- Appetite for business: In this role, you’ll be expected to understand the strategy, objectives, financials, metrics, people and challenges. You will need to be a quick learner with high curiosity.
- 5+ years of experience in a generalist HR/People role in a fast moving, dynamic company at scale. For this internal role, we are looking for individuals who bring strong relationships and/or in depth knowledge of our Customer Experience team
- BA/BS or relevant experience that demonstrates ability to influence business outcomes through the development of people
- Strong competency within the HR function including employee relations, resource management, compliance, communications, and change management
- Strong analytical capabilities and an ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Strong understanding and ability to be highly productive and influential in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.